[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Free Media Program - December 2006

Behdad Esfahbod besfahbo at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 00:05:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 03:13 +0100, hymno3 wrote:

> I think this must be specified to "from the US" I guess.
> I do wonder what "exported, either directly or indirectly" means; It's
> FLOSS, and anyone connected to the internet even on Fiji can just
> download it legally, but if it's on a disk, suddenly it's a matter of
> US
> National Security?

That's the point.  Everyone not in the US is free to ship to those
destinations.  But advertising it on a US-based server is considered
indirect exporting.  Laws are silly, yes.  So, in short, just ship and
tell the list that you shipped.

As for everyone can download them, well, many companies ban IP addresses
that belong to Iran.  Sun, Paypal, etc, for example.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/