[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Red Hat's Fedora to Get Longer Support

Stephen Krenzel sgk284 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:54:28 UTC 2007

I have to agree with Susmit. "Fedora" is clean and appealing. "Fedora Linux"
doesn't quite have the same ring to it, and I personally feel that there is
no need at all to have GNU anywhere in the name. A lot of people deserve
credit for what makes Fedora run, no need to single out any one entity.
"Linux" has taken on an entirely different meaning than just "the kernel"
these days. Used in different contexts, people think of linux as either just
the kernel or as all of the components that generally run on top of it as
well to make the operating system "complete". Regardless, my recommendation
would be to just make the name "Fedora".
Regards,
    Steve