[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Red Hat's Fedora to Get Longer Support

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 11 17:04:59 UTC 2007

Leo wrote:

> AFAIK, they enforce GNU Free Documentation License. Some applications'
> manual were taken out and put in its non-free tree.

You are probably talking about GNU FDL documents with invariant
sections. They do have various other documents licensed differently in
their package archive. The presence of non-free repository makes
Fedora's position much more on stronger on Free software licenses IMO. I
consider the licenses of functional software more important that
documentation, artwork and content. There are different rules that
apply. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF

Rahul