rotating banners, first idea

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Tue Jun 5 06:07:28 UTC 2007

> Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>> I'm poking around in my checkout now, I'll send screenshots before I
>> check anything in.
>
> Here's some mockups, I'm not really happy with any of them right now but
> I need to sleep :)
>
> - http://linuxgrrl.com/misc/new-mock-1.png  (bottom of sidebar)
>    - feels a little unbalanced but not too bad
> - http://linuxgrrl.com/misc/new-mock-2.png  (along top of page)
>    - im afraid this is going to be too busy unless the banners are
> carefully designed to not stand out in comparison to the main banner.
> right now they are not :) thus they are too busy.
> - http://linuxgrrl.com/misc/new-mock-3.png  (top of sidebar)
>    - a little more balanced than the other but the banners don't line up
>
> ~m

Hi Máirí­n,

I think the banner on the top of the sidebar looks best.
The top of the page seems to take from the title.  The bottom of the
sidebar won't get seen as much sadly.  Although the top of the side bar I
think will be seen and doesn't detract from the title.

My reasoning is, is that its a brilliant design and I quite like it and I
want it to get noticed but not detract from page names.

Good Work,

Marc Wiriadisastra