Hats!

hymno crazymulgogi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:32:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 23:17 +0100, Benjamin Lewis wrote:
> Marek Mahut wrote:
> > Karsten Wade wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry, why is that a reason to discuss this again?

> >> I guess I'm a bit confused about the "not wearing a red fedora" rule for
> >> Ambassadors.
> >
> > As for as I know, it's not only red hats but hats in general.
> >
> > "... that we not connect hats, red in color or otherwise ..."[1]
> >

> > [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct
> >
> This may actually pose a problem for me as I regularly (especially in
> the rain) wear a black fedora, and a few people have asked me if the
> fact I support Fedora is because of, or related to, this.
>
> Not that I intentionally connect the two, but average folk still seem to
> make that link...

If one is linked to Fedora in any way, to be kindly asked to refrain
from using symbols such as red hats sounds reasonable to me.
I have a hard time believing though, that one just has to buy that *any*
hat should be avoided. I mean, that's just something that some people
wear.
Starting to feel relieved that the much appreciated Linux firm isn't
called Green Shirt, or Black Sandal? ;)

herman