Fedora Online Magazine

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 16:48:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 12:19 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Anand Capur wrote:
> > What do you guys think of putting a team together and making a Fedora
> > Online
> > Magazine?
>
> Might want to talk to the Fedora Weekly News guys.  I always thought
> that was supposed to be the magazine type thing.

As a matter of fact, I stopped work on this ...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Magazine

... when FWN came into the fold of the Fedora Project.

IMO, we should *not* fragment our efforts.  Maybe there is some value in
putting together a longer magazine format.  Personally, I think it is a
HUGE challenge for volunteers.  We've been slowly working up from
shorter content to full-lengthy guides for Fedora Docs, and we are not
there yet.

It takes a fair amount of effort to put FWN together.  There is more to
being an editor than one might think, unless you have actually been an
editor-in-chief.  Even an every-other-month magazine with a small staff
is going to take some full-time weeks to make happen.

Instead, if we build up the staff of FWN, then look at growing that into
outputting a bi-monthly magazine, that has good chance of success.  I
think this is a situation where we need to learn to crawl, then walk,
before we run.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project