Fedora Online Magazine

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 18:28:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Karsten Wade wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 21:18 +0530, Anand Capur wrote:
>> I really wanna do this, I've got some really good ideas!!
>> P.S. I've BCC'ed this to the Ambassadors list.

So let me ask a few questions.

1. *Why* do you want to do it?  Do you want to do Fedora Magazine because
you think it's badly needed?  Do you have a bunch you'd like to say?  Do
you want experience running an online magazine?  I think it's important to
have a clear and honest answer to this question.

2. Is it possible to use Fedora News as a jumping-off point?  Maybe work
in conjunction with Thomas?

3. Would you consider working in conjunction with Red Hat Magazine?
Because we're starting to look at increasing our community involvement as

> BTW, my other email wasn't meant to discourage; just re-read it and
> realized I forgot to say ...
> Great idea!  It's hard but rewarding work.
> Maybe we can get some pointers from the Red Hat Magazine folks?
> My biggest suggestion is to do it from within Fedora itself, and make it
> part of/related to the work the Fedora News team does.  For example, I'd
> love to see a long article from Oisin talking about his experiences
> covering the developers.
> - Karsten

Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager