Fedora Online Magazine

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jun 16 00:01:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 23:16 +0530, Anand Capur wrote:
> ok, lets do a combination of both.

Right.  I was thinking, maybe bring the magazine under the existing
Fedora News project?  That way it is a peer of FWN, working along side,
sharing staff, stories, etc. ... but it still stands-alone

For someone like me, I can then lend my editing expertise to both,
knowing it is helping to train the same/related writers and editors.

One thing to remind people is, if they are ever interested in getting
*paid* to write about FLOSS, this is great training, experience, and
resume/CV building.

> We can have writers write articles to fill empty space, we'll take
> articles from FWN (as bulk of mag), add guides, columns, etc... How
> about we intervew Thomas Chung? He seems like he does ALOT for fedora!
> So, whoever wants to be on the "core" magazine team please email me at
> (acapur[at}arcnetworks{dot]biz). We'll get this "party" started!!!

Do you want to move this discussion and collaboration to
fedora-news-list?  Again, rather than start yet another new mailing
list, we can ride the momentum of an existing one.

> P.S. I run my magazines where we work throughout, not 2-3 weeks @ the
> end crunching to get done ;)

Bless you for that!  Having an EiC with experience who wants things to
go smoothly as a big +1 for me.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project