Infinite Freedom???

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 19:13:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Karsten Wade wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 14:58 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>
>> And if you submit this version for board approval as an "official" Fedora
>> release, I'm pretty sure you'd get it.
>
> Who should actually approve different spins as being "Formally Fedora"?

The Board.  And if it turns out to be more than The Board can handle, then
The Board, in their Infinite Wisdom, can figure out a Better Way To Do It.

> Based on the new understanding of the Board's role, shouldn't it be the
> Board says, "Fedora needs to formally recognize new community-sourced
> spins that are within Fedora guidelines," and FESCo makes it so?
> Presumably by firing up a SIG, modifying some build sys magic, and so
> forth.

If The Board wants to delegate that authority to FESCo, so be it.  But it
seems that these decisions live more in the world of policy than in
technology.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg