Infinite Freedom???

Rodrigo Padula rodrigopadula at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 19:54:42 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Rodrigo Padula wrote:
>
> > Thinking in Fedora 8, what will be made in this direction ??
> > It would be very interesting if firmwares was isolated in optional
> > packages(intel wi-fi drivers and firmwares), becoming the images of
> > fedora 100% free.
> >
> > Or, why not a Fedora Spin 100% Free ?
>
> Sure. Do you want to do it? can you explain on what you consider 100%
> Free? It is just software or do you want to remove content which isn't
> modifiable including documentation, fonts, images etc.
>
> Note that Fedora has trademarked content which aren't modifiable either.
>
> Rahul

Remove non free firmwares from fedora packages and kernel!

But it's only a idea!

I have many extra work organizing Brazilian Fedora Project, spreading
fedora, presenting lectures and events around Brazil, helping members of the
Latin America countries, attending Brazilian Free Media Project and
enlisting local collaborators!

I have worked to make fedora one of the used linux distributions in Brazil.

Here, we have big cases of use of Fedora.

- Universities (Hundreds servers and workstations with fedora core 4,5,6)
- Brazilian Armys (Hundreds servers and workstations with fedora core 5,6)
- SERPRO (More than 8.000 workstations with fedora core 5, 6)
- Hosting/Access/Mail Servers ( UAI ESTADO DE MINAS - 150 fedora servers)

and many others....

The fedora is a great success here in Brazil, us has made a great work here!

Thanks!!!

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira