Linux.org: The Feodra 7 Year Itch

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Fri Jun 22 14:53:29 UTC 2007

> On Thursday 21 June 2007 11:49:57 Chris Negus wrote:
> > Has anyone on the Fedora project considered making one stable Fedora
> > release every three or four releases?
>
> We do, it's called Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Yes, I should have expected that. Thanks Jesse ;-)

I guess I overstated my case. As someone who actively promotes Fedora, I
sometimes feel frustrated that the quality the Fedora project achieves
(with most releases) is overshadowed by some people's beliefs that you
shouldn't really try to do anything with Fedora since it's unstable.

Maybe what I can do is write up a case study of what people actually
have success doing with Fedora. Deployments in schools, homes or small
businesses. In other words, Fedora project doesn't have to guarantee
anything, but it can say what others have done. Perhaps someone could
point me to some Fedora success stories to get me started.

Anyway, thanks for other suggestions on this thread to create and
support my own distro from Fedora. That is not the least bit likely
(although I did make a pretty cool Fedora 7 8GB install DVD image with
one pungi command... thanks again to Jesse).

-- Chris Negus