FEDORA MASCOT

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 19 07:17:22 UTC 2007

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> The Fedora Project need a mascot.
>
> What do you think about this ?

Last time when this was discussed (IIRC, around the time the logo was
created) the majority opined a mascot is not needed. Maybe the
ambassadors can change that...

with experience accumulated on the Fedora Art team and policies around
the logo, I have to ask this: what copyright status would have such a
mascot? Usage policies?
If we end with something users/community members will not be allowed to
use at will, then better not have anything.

With those being said, I am sure the Art Team would have a lot of fun
being involved in such a project.

--
nicu