FEDORA MASCOT

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Mar 20 06:39:29 UTC 2007

Nicu Buculei escribió:
> Using a hat is absolutely forbidden and we can't do anything about that.

Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? I mean, Fedora is named *after* a hat,
"losing the hat" is like losing the identity (or rendering the word
meaningless, hence the quest for a new identity, found in the
Speech+Infinite+Freedom Fedora logo we now have), I suppose the "no Hats
allowed" rule comes straight from Red Hat and "marketing confusion/brand
recognition" if a hat was used by Fedora (not to say the perpetuation of
the stigma that Fedora is Red Hat's playground)... Just found this fact
to be kind of... contradictory. Alas a name change at this point (about
the 7th release) is [completely] out of the question.