Distrowatch on Fedora repo merge and digg article

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 21:39:03 UTC 2007

Hi

The long-promised merge of Fedora's core and extras repositories is
finally under way: "Merge is going well now. A bunch of hiccups early on
as we moved our test scripts into acting with real bits and databases
and such, but now that that's over..." As for the hiccups, Jesse Keating
explains: "We're scrambling to create ppc64 builds of all the extras
packages, as those didn't exist before, but now they will be built for
ppc64. Also we need to hook up some software to make rawhide appear. It
may just be in package repo form (not installable) to begin with, we'll
see. I wouldn't expect anything this weekend." For more information
about the merge and other Fedora topics, please check out the latest
issue of Fedora Weekly News.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070507#news

Digg this up folks

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Fedora_merging_Core_and_Extras_repositories_today