Spinning a New Kind of Distro

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 14 04:52:26 UTC 2007

Hi

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/071113-111653.html

"While talking with Fedora Project Leader Max Spevack yesterday, I
increasingly got the sense that Fedora is positioning itself for
something bigger.

The key, I believe, is the spin management technology that was
implemented in Fedora 7 and has now come to maturity in Fedora 8. Spins,
in Fedora-parlance, are customized versions of Fedora that users can
create using Fedora's on-board mixing/package management tools. Right
now, besides the two official KDE and GNOME spins from Fedora, the
Fedora Spin site is host to Electronic Lab, Games, and Development spins."

Rahul