What would a Fedora Store sell?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:18:45 UTC 2007

Fedora branded things I would consider buying.

1) US postage stamps with the fedora logo and web address.
Grass-roots brand dissemination.
You'll pay a premium for the custom postage, but its a completely
untapped vector for getting the fedora project name out into the
general computer using population.

2) computer stickers.. like the certified fedora barcode thing Nicu has made up

3a) Fedora Force action figures with Carpal Tunnel Grip (tm)  including:
      Thorsten Leemhuis ,Seth Vidal, Jeremy Katz, Chitlesh Goorah, and
many more!
Go Joe!.. err I mean Go Fedora!

 3b)  Or a deck of Fedora Community themed cards that I can use with
the University Fighting System, similar to the Penny Arcade(tm) card
game decks which I may or may not own already.
You could release a deck for each Fedora release. F7 users could
'fight' F8 users using the card game system.  If we are really really
clever, we'll have a high level meeting with Ubuntu and get them to
produce a similar 'fighting' card deck. So Fedora users can 'fight'
Ubuntu users once each person both purchased the corresponding deck of
cards.

Note: NOT a collectable card game. Though I would imagine that we
could easily turn the package submission/review process we have right
now into a fantastic collectible card game with a depth and complexity
that rivals any current collectible card game system on the market
today.

4) Fedora release themed/shaped USB key with Fedora pre-installed.
Used as a live install have it  pre-configured to sync with an online
service like Seth has toyed with in his blog. Or use it as install
media for your friends.  How frelling cool would it be to have a
werewolf shaped usb dongle that you could 'bite' other computers with
and turn them into another werewolf.  Like I don't know.. all the
computers as Sam's Club that I walk past when I go shopping.. la la
la.

5) Fedora themed knit cap.  Baseball hats are cool and all...if you
are partying in a frat. But I need something warmish. And since I seem
to lose a hat a year... I'd end up being a repeat customer.

6) Fedora sleepy pants.

-jef