Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Fri Oct 5 14:46:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 10:27:14AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/freedom.png
> whatcha think

Looks pretty good in conjunction with the logo.

A little bit of a tangent:  If the Project adopts an official slogan like
this that we intend to use on an ongoing basis as a distinguishing
identifier, it might be a good idea to clearly indicate it as a trademark.
I don't know what all the requirements are for doing that... like, would we
need to stick a little "TM" next to it all the time, or just indicate in the
small print somewhere something like, "'Fedora', 'Fedora Project', the funny
little speech balloon logo, and 'Freedom is a Feature' are trademarks of the
Fedora Project".  Aside from the possible legal reasons for doing this,
clearly distinguishing it as a trademark would emphasize that it is the
slogan of the Project itself, and not just a catch-phrase for whatever the
release of the moment is.

Just a thought...
- Paul

--