Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

M Daniel R Magarzo b2.mdr.magarzo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 21:15:22 UTC 2007

El lun, 08-10-2007 a las 00:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:
> >
> > You're right. The main problem IMHO is that despite everything, nobody
> > knows very well what are the identity signs that Fedora should have, nor
> > the possible target audience it should be intended. But this is another
> > discussion that I won't to open here.
>
> http://gregdek.livejournal.com/16940.html

That argument is not convincing at all. If you want to put yourself a
vendaje over your eyes.., your self...
Most of you (developers -mostly from Red Hat or got involved there,
etc...-) think that everyone that uses Linux, having chose or not
Fedora, is a developer too, and therefore is in condition of promote big
changes in a Linux project. That's precisely your fault, I think
developers are completely unable to abstract themselves by a moment and
to think like common end users would be (empathy).

> > BTW, past days I've read somewhere over there (I don't remember where)
> > that Red Hat doesn't allow to Fedora teams the use of the red colour in
> > logos, oficial Fedora websites, etc.. Then, I understood why Fedora is
> > bluuuuuueeee everything around;
>
> You have read wrong information.

It's possible. One read so much info throughout the weeks..
It was just a comment I read.. You seem uncomfortable with it.
If sometime I find where it was, I promise that you will be the first I
will tell it.:-)

>  Blue is used because it is the Fedora
> color.

:-)

A strange colour for a skin, not? Maybe Fedora (=Teodora, Dorotea) is
ill.

> If Fedora art team wants to use Red they are free to.

Maybe like the freedom to use typical RH hats but in blue? What a
paradoxical!

> Rahul

> Ps: Instead of sending many mails, consolidate your replies.

No problem. Understood. Maybe a private one for this would have been
more elegant. I'd have understood. ;-)
What are the limit, please?
I couldn't even see the email-messages until today, but if you say that
sending 6-8 emails are "many" you must be right..
There are tons of infinite threads almost daily that surpass this amount
per day. So, considering that I didn't reply anything from Monday until
today (Sunday), average would be... 1 per day? Do you consider it
"many"?
In relation with "consolidate your replies", please let me know if there
is a only email that lacks of sense or not written seriously.

Daniel