Fedora name stolen by another project :(

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00005 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 04:10:21 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that Chuck Anderson spake thusly:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:38:21PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

>> Predates Fedora, even Warren's original Fedora repository.
>> Basically, both projects were using the name in their own little
>> worlds for several years before either became a big deal.

Thanks for the heads-up. I must admit I have never heard of that /other/
Fedora until today (syndicate feed from LXer I think).

> Has anyone thought about packaging Fedora for Fedora?  Now that would
> be confusing...

:)

I just had a chat with someone on #fedora-devel (IRC) who seemed to
think it depended on JBoss, if that's any help.