Jamendo Newsletter: Creative Commons music in the $100 laptop!

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 3 03:27:32 UTC 2007

http://www.jamendo.com/en/?mode=raw&nickFor=tchung&nlfdb=19&p=newsletter

"We are also delighted to announce a partnership with the One Laptop
per Child association (OLPC) to bring a selection of Creative Commons
music to their $100 laptops. For us, it makes sense to help OLPC
because their laptop is an excellent way to extend the music sharing
values we defend to the developing countries.

Now, it is possible for each member of the jamendo community to create
one or more special playlists for OLPC. The playlists should have less
than 20 minutes of music and contain only tracks licensed under the CC
BY or BY-SA licenses. To label a playlist for the OLPC, add "OLPC"
before its name."

--
Thomas Chung