First slogan ideas.

M Daniel R Magarzo b2.mdr.magarzo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:29:06 UTC 2007

El lun, 03-09-2007 a las 07:30 +0200, Herman Meester escribió:

> No offense at all. :) It's a bit long indeed; however, not excessive
> imho.
>
> When you say, "Nobody would be able to repeat it," there I really
> disagree.
> Slogans are just propaganda, that's it. Nobody repeats progaganda, let
> alone in public.
> It's only meant for one-way consumption.
> I mean, are you going to say to people, 'you know, Fedora is really
> cool, they've even got this great slogan, wanna hear it..?" ?
>

> :)
>
>  regards,
> herman

Maybe you're right. I think that slogans are propaganda indeed, but not "just propaganda".
Are "refined propaganda", subtle propaganda. Row propaganda is very easy to make,
but it's harder to build a fine slogan, I suppose...
Professionally, I do not know anything about either marketing or
advertisements. I'm just talking about my impressions.
But slogans IMO must be brief, just a few words, and preferably involving some kind of
complicity, some wink, some double message, some play on words, etc...
to sum up.. some load of something additional that would involve the action,
intelligent reaction (... but just the necessary, so everybody should be able to catch it..)
of each person in particular (into the possible target audience, that is... here everybody
that use computers).
A good (brief) slogan with some kind of load of the above said, reaches
IMO deeper positions in minds, since has more power of penetration, and
is able to settle better since it has needed the (intelligent)
complicity of the target person.
The yours has somewhat of it indeed, but I continue thinking that is too
long. Don't care, just an opinion. :-)

Daniel