F8 graphics for marketing

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 13:45:54 UTC 2007

Hey Nicu!

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> With the desktop graphics for F8 (the Infinity theme) almost done,
> probably is the time to start talking about the graphics needed for
> marketing materials.
>
> We at the Art Team have a to-do:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F8Themes#head-8008c22393767fe950d2cf6d3a2da20b069ecf73
>
> but it is defined generic as "marketing materials".
>
> To jump-start the discuss, I made a few very simple web graphics
> (probably not polished enough to go to the wiki):
> http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2007/09/f8-infinity-web-banners-and-buttons.html

These look AWESOME! Great work!

The only thing I would comment on is the banding in the background image
(the buttons look fine but it's noticeable in the banners on my
monitor)... we could Gimp the bg up a bit to make the gradients
smoother? The way I did that for the non-wallpaper artwork was to add
some noise using HSV Scatter i think, then using a light gaussian blur.

If I have time tonight I'll play with the banner designs a bit. They
look great though, just that one technical issue.

~m