Question about our Brand

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 04:20:15 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:

> Some of these are pretty good, I came up with some more questions:
>
> When talking officially about "The Fedora Project's" flagship product
> "Fedora", was our last release
>
> "Fedora 7 (Moonshine)"

This one.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArtWork/FedoraColors

> Should we have our web apps match the OS or does the OS change enough
> from time to time that its just not practical?

They should use Fedora colors but changing the theme of the web apps
seems to unnecessary overhead unless you have some very dynamic and
flexible system where changes can easily made every 6 months.

More importantly, we have atleast two current general releases that we
maintain at any given point of time and we don't want to alienate either
set of users not to mention users still using the older versions by
appearing to only care about the very latest release.

> Do we have any testimonials?

Very few

> Do we have anyone out there selling Fedora business to business.  I use
> the term sales there loosely as there's no compensation out there but
> aside from the ambassadors, whats the closest thing we have to a sales
> engineer?

None. We do have a few OEM folks like Pogo Linux but our trademark
requirements doesn't leave room for much value add-ons of any kind.

> How are we marketing / pushing the whole re-spin thing to try to get
> others to participate?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins. I have added various
references there.  Mo came up with some banners which haven't been
actually launched yet

> Has anyone given any thought to using the the Fedora OS as a gateway to
> becoming a contributor or is that more of a technical decision?

No idea what you mean here

Rahul