RPM Fusion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 22 14:33:04 UTC 2007

Hi

We are discussing with Red Hat Legal the possibility of linking to the
free software portion of the repository for codec buddy and in our
documentation. I am hopeful that this will happen.

http://lwn.net/Articles/249324/

"The RPM Fusion Project was announced this week. Three repositories,
Dribble, Freshrpms and Livna will merge to provide Fedora and Red Hat
Enterprise Linux users with add-on software packages."

"This will actually be separated into two repositories. One for free and
the other for non-free software (as defined by the Fedora Packaging
Guidelines). The free repository, presumably hosted outside the U.S.,
will contain software that cannot be packaged by Fedora because of U.S.
restrictions (patents), but is considered free in other parts of the
world. The current thought is that it should be possible for Fedora to
link to this repository from the main Fedora site, although I don't
think that the Red Hat legal department has had its final say."

Rahul