Fedora-fr association was born !

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 30 05:48:19 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Thomas Canniot <mrtom at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Finally, I will say that the creation of this association was done
> because the Fedora Project itself failed to respond to our requests of
> promoting Fedora in France. I'm sorry, but we should not write in the
> Amb. pages that CD/DVD will be sent for events, we never received
> anything even if the requests were made on time and even if people were
> pinged at different level of the Fedora hierarchy. We can't waste time
> created a global EMEA to promote Fedora, we are doing it right now, and
> it works. EMEA is our next objective, as the French association is now
> created. And I would suggest every Fedora Ambassadors from common
> countries to organise themselves in local / national entities to make
> the future life of EMEA easier. However, it will be as slow and
> unresponsive than the Fedora Amb. project.

It seems Fedora Project in USA have failed Fedora Ambassadors in French.
Please note we made every efforts to deliver the materials you
requested but at the end either the package was lost or never made it
on time.

There were several discussions to improve the situation and I believe
one of them was to create localized distribution center in Europe
supported by local Red Hat office.

So, Best of Luck for French Association.

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung