Fedora-marketing-list Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5

Maurizio Tessarotto maurizio.tessarotto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:33:54 UTC 2008

> 2008/4/3 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
>
> > As I was at a big expo over the course of this week, I discovered our
> > CD/DVD covers need a couple things:
> >
> > 1.  A great big link on the back cover to http://fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > 2.  A note that there are other kinds of discs available for download at
> > that URL.
> >
> > 3.  A note that people can *get involved* in Fedora.
> >
> > One note could probably accomplish this:
> >
> >    Visit http://fedoraproject.org/ to download other Fedora
> >    software, or learn how you can help.  (No experience necessary.)
> >

> These are all great, but I want to make sure this time that the version
> number is on the cd jacket somewhere!  Every time I hand out one of those
> Werewolf CDs, the next inevitable question is "What version is this?"
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

So:

 > 1.  A great big link on the back cover to http://fedoraproject.org/
 >
 > 2.  A note that there are other kinds of discs available for download at
 > that URL.
 >
 > 3.  A note that people can *get involved* in Fedora.

4.  a very big number showing Fedora version, and a smaller codename
under or upper the nuber

i suggest to append:

some kind of short slogan abut the 4F:

example:

" Four Reason not to miss Fedora 9:
Fedora is the First worldest linux distribution to integrate KDE 4 (am
I wrong???)
Fedora has a reach of richness Features (amarok:listening mp3s,
K3B:burning DVDs...)
Fedora has a great Foundation that will care of your needs!
Feel you Freedom to try Fedora, it's Free. Once you try, you'll push
it to yours Friends, SURE!"

What do you think about it?

Bye,
Maurizio.