Fedora 9 Release Party Flyer Help

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Sun Apr 13 19:33:41 UTC 2008

As many are aware we are trying to get as many global release parties
to happen near the Fedora 9 launch time frame as we can.  The initial
announcement was posted [1] to the Ambassadors mailing list last week.
 As part of this, we are hoping to make it as easy as possible for an
Ambassador to host one of these events.  One of the hurdles I would
like to have cleared is the preparation of a Release Party flyer for
those that are not artistically inclined.  That is what brings me to
the Fedora Marketing list - I am hoping one of you more
marketing/artistically inclined folks could lend me a hand.

We need a generic flyer that can be customized by people for their
local area.  Something we can post to the wiki, they can download,
open it up and make a few small edits and take it to their local print
shop for hanging up at their local computer stores, college campuses,
places of employment, etc.  I have worked up a basic flyer (very, very
basic flyer - I lack any artistics skills one would need for a good
flyer).  I have posted it here:

http://jeffreyt.fedorapeople.org/release_party/f9_release_party_flyer.odt

Pretty bad, isn't it?  So, show me what you can do.  Work up a flyer
that looks better than my attempt so Fedora can have a decent looking
Release Party announcement flyer - I set the bar pretty low!

Thanks!
Jeffrey

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-April/msg00043.html