Atheros hires ath5k developer

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 16 17:30:05 UTC 2008

Hi

Not Fedora specific but considering that this has been a long standing
issue, we couldn't solve immediately without non-free bits, this is very
good news.

http://lwn.net/Articles/278132/rss

"When kernel developers talk about problematic hardware vendors, Atheros
often appears near the top of their lists. So this announcement from
Luis Rodriguez, a developer of the reverse-engineered ath5k driver, is
intriguing: "I write to you to inform you that I have decided to join
Atheros as a full time employee, as a Software Engineer, to help them
with their goals and mission to get every device of Atheros supported
upstream in the Linux kernel." What will come of this remains to be
seen, but if it truly signals a change of heart at Atheros (and isn't a
late April 1 posting), it is a most welcome development. "

Rahul