Fedora goes to a community-dominated board

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 23 02:47:53 UTC 2008

Hi

http://lwn.net/Articles/279059/rss

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Fedora_goes_to_a_community_dominated_board

"Fedora project leader Paul Frields has announced a change in the way
the Fedora board is elected; as of the upcoming election, five of the
nine seats will be elected by the community, while four will be
appointed by Red Hat. So Red Hat will no longer select a majority of the
board. "This is an issue I've been advocating over the past couple of
weeks, and I'm delighted to be able to make this change following my
first release as Fedora Project Leader. I look at this as a significant
step in the evolution of the Board and Fedora's governance overall.It's
worth noting that the Fedora leader (who must still be a Red Hat
employee) retains veto power over board decisions. "

Rahul