Fedora and "Red Hat Enterprise Linux"

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 29 16:29:38 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
--

[I would suggest starting out with a more positive tone. The website has
been covering Fedora releases consistently and that press is a good
thing even  if do get some details wrong]

Throw in a link to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics

> "Fedora 8 is the currently available development release, which got
> underway in April 2007 and which was launched last November. A lot of
> the code that was hammered out in that Fedora 8 development release is
> winding its way toward Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2"

The amount of actual code that flowed from Fedora 8 to RHEL 5.2 is
pretty minor but the highlight that code flows to everywhere from
upstream is a good point too.

> I feel like I'm repeating myself, but Fedora 9 will not be a
> development release, and you're mis-representing the facts by
> suggesting that the preview release is not even to be considered beta
> software. The preview release is very close to what the final release
> will be, and is where a huge number of bugs will be squashed to make
> sure that the final release is on a par in terms of stability as well
> as features with any other distribution.

This can be reworded as "Fedora 9 preview release follows the Fedora 9
Beta release as you can see from the release schedule at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule and as indicated in
the announcement is close to the general release of Fedora. We
appreciate your corrections to this article and feel free to get back to
us on any additional information or clarifications you might want about
Fedora 9 in particular and Fedora Project in general.

Rahul