Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 5 09:03:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Gerold wrote:

> yeahhh ...
>
> don't ask WHAT YOU CAN DO; Just DO it ...
>
> We're free, and please remeber whatever you/we do:
>

> We're LEADERS, no(t) fellows!
>

> regards
>
> Gerold
>

> PS.: >;-)
>

>> +1
>>
>> like the idea too, and i have some ideas for clips and videos too =]
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Valent Turkovic
>> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase
>>>
>>> I like this Ubuntu team idea, so I just posted this FYI. One thing I
>>> find missing from their announcement is the mention of what kind of
>>> submissions are they looking for and are those submissions restricted
>>> or not to usage of non-free tools (ie. Photoshop, Maya, 3D Studio,
>>> Premiere, etc...). I don't know what expression "Free Culture Artist"
>>> means because I think that there could be lost of Ubuntu users out
>>> that that would feel that they are that even if they run Ubuntu as
>>> their secundary system and do their primary work on completely
>>> proprietary system (Os X or Windows).
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Valent.
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
>>> linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
>>> registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter,
>>> http://counter.li.org.
>>> ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> RazGriz
>> The Solo_-Wing.
>> Diretor de Arte
>> GNU-LIA--=www.gnu-lia.org
>> 2 Tons Comunicação
>> Revista Fedora Brasil
>> Portal O-Gimp
>> -=-=:Quem constrói a realidade é você.
>> --

+1 too.

I want only to advice everyone about a past experience we had, it was a
Contest (Open Video Contest) organized with the collaboration of Creative
Commons.

I know it differed for goals and requirements, but it could be
useful because it remarks we tried to push Free Culture before anyone :)

The links of the, past, initiative are:

- http://creativecommons.org/press-releases/entry/5945
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenVideo

If you need help, I'm here.