press coverage postings to the list/wiki

Sandro red Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 6 07:04:42 UTC 2008

Hi marketing,

Most of you may have noticed, that most of the traffic on this list is
single posts on press coverages without any further discussion. Well,
sometimes there's a "great article!" or "they got it all wrong!" - but
that's pretty much it IMHO.

This causes quite some traffic on the list and some people who were once
subscribed to this list stopped reading it/contributing to it because of
this.

IMHO, the list is for discussion and working together (e.g. on press
releases[2], of which we don't release many yet and they're even mostly
written by the ambassadors) - but press coverages don't fit in.

Additionally, there's the Press Archive[1] in the wiki for this purpose,
which even allows a faster overlook of (past/present) articles. People can
even watch those pages if they want to be informed about new press
coverage like on the list.

If you don't like the wiki for this, maybe some Blog might be even better.
People could subscribe to the RSS feed and we could even include that on
the planet. You could do categories and tags pretty much like on the wiki.

But I'm more of an ambassador than of a marketing person, so I might get
that picture wrong. What do you think?

Regards,
red

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PressArchive