[Linux Day Italy] Fedora Distribution Kit

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:49:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Luca Foppiano <luca at foppiano.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>        I'm Luca and, with other Italian ambassadors I'm organizing Linux Day
> 2008 (planned on October 25th). A more detailed description can be
> founded here [1][2].
>
> Italian Linux day is distributed and a more bit complicated than
> centalized events like, for example, Linux Tag.
> We wish to deliver to every events (but we most probably reduce it on a
> subset due to budget and interest) a box that contains all necessary to
> build a fedora USB station (It's like Ikea [4] furniture).
>
> We need to decide a nice name for the box, right now the proposal are:
>  * fedora starter kit
>  * fedora distribution kit
>  * fedora usb kit
>
> which name do you prefer? if you have another ideas about it, just write
> it ;-)
>
> We need also artworks; I spoke with Samuele Storari about it and he was
> very enthusiast ;-)
>
> I also made a request here [3] which i composed by:
>  * box artwork: a small sticker, which will be attached on container box
> (probably we need a new logo, or something can remember people this
> product)
>  * DVD artwork (same of above)
>  * Fedora 10 USB kit artwork (which will similar to fedora 9 arwork but
> with new fedora theme, when will be ready ;-))
>
> I haven't any idea about what we can represent on artworks.
>
> I hope you can help us.
>
> Thanks in advance for all feedback
> Luca
>
> [1]
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-July/msg00320.html
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/LinuxDay/LinuxDay2008
> [3]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#Fedora_USB_Distribution_KIT
> [4] http://www.ikea.com/
> --
> Today is Boomtime, the 3rd day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
>
> If we were meant to get up early, God would have created us with alarm clocks.

Luca,

I think your idea is along the same lines of an idea I submitted last
week.  I think this idea is great!

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-August/msg00103.html
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#AmbassadorKit_Box

We called it the AmbassadorKit and even have a page dedicated to the
AmbassadorKit

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/AmbassadorKit (soon)

I think it would be advantageous for us to work together on this as we
seem to have similar goals.  In other words, I'd like to start an open
discussion about how to get an AmbassadorKit with the items you
suggest in place by F10.

Cheers,

Clint