Fedora promoting videos

Christos Bacharakis cmpahar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:03:07 UTC 2008

2008/8/12 Naresh KN <nareshlx at fedoraproject.org>

> Hope you are doing good now Chris. Finding How-To videos and presentation
> shouldn't be a problem, but we should be more focusing on how do we get the
> promo videos made for Fedora. Coming with a creative concept, story board,
> script, finding the right tools and expertise to make it happen!! :)
>
> 2008/8/12 Christos Bacharakis <cmpahar at gmail.com>
>

>> 2008/8/10 Naresh KN <nareshlx at fedoraproject.org>
>>
>> I agree. I foresee this to be a great way to promote Fedora to the mass.
>>> Lets give a heads up to this initiative. How do we kick start? Any
>>> thoughts??
>>>
>>> -Naresh

>> Sorry for being late to answer, I had some health problems. I suggest to
>> try finding as many videos about fedora (promoting videos, presentation
>> videos, how-to videos) and post them at the wiki under the following address
>> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/videos . Although I don't know if we
>> have to host them in fedoraproject or we can simply post the link (for
>> example from youtube) to the wiki. Waiting for feedback.
>>
>> --
>> Christos Bacharakis
>> cmpahar at fedoraproject.org
>> http://cmpahar.wordpress.com
>> GPG Key: CCFA0AEB
>>

>> --

I am just fine Naresh, thank you for your concern.
I think we have to talk with Artwork. Maybe they can help us out. I am not
familiar creating videos but I have some ideas.
One scenario is to make sort clips with random pictures perhaps from fedora
events all over the world and in the end a good moto (I think this is good
for promoting ambassadors project).
An another scenario is to build a video like RH's "Truth Happens" with a
sort story (pictures, sound, subtitles) in different languages showing why
fedoraproject is so cool, strong and free.
Of course we can make something like a documentary about fedoraproject (the
operating system or the people or the mechanisms or these combined all
together).
I suppose I can work and make happen the first scenario but I warn you It
will be my first time trying to create a video.

--
Christos Bacharakis
cmpahar at fedoraproject.org
http://cmpahar.wordpress.com