Fedora promoting videos

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:48:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Colby Hoke <choke at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think it's something that will need to come from the community and I'm
> working at doing stuff using OSS - it's just not where I need it to be for
> my daily job.

I wonder, is there an appropriate developer's conference situation where we
could make a short presentation about what people like you need in video
production for 'daily job' activities in a way that inspired someone to take
up the challenge and create the application?  The real trick is finding
those few key people who know enough about what you need, and have enough
coding experience to put a functional application on the map in the space
with just enough initial features to build a community around it that can
add more features over time.

Can we as a project organize a posh, snack laden, hack session at a
conference to do this? Would developer attendees participate? Am I smoking
crack?

-jef