Fedora promoting videos

Colby Hoke choke at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 18:41:29 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org
> <mailto:duffy at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     LGM is pretty big, are you so sure it would be very small?
>
> I'm not even sure of my own existence.
>
> I would be very happy if there was a linux video tools conference and
> that its developer participants were not a small number.  It would be
> a very interesting challenge to make the case to a large existing
> group for an editor application that met our technical and legal
> needs. I'd find a way to have Karsten, but wear my name tag and say
> everything I'd say..but friendly-like.
>
> -jef
I'd love to talk to some people about what I, as an editor, absolutely
need. A lot of it is some plain ol' UI design- things aren't intuitive
and behave notsomuch like normal non-linear editors. For me, that's a
huge bar to overcome and I've played a little with Cinelerra, the
closest thing out there to an NLE, but damn if it didn't crash every
chance it got.

It needs someone to go over it and just fix things - then some people to
tackle making it usable.

The skeleton is there, but I can't trust it to do editing when I have
deadlines. Also, some of the compositing stuff I need just isn't there
for many tools.

--
Colby Alexander Hoke

Corporate Marketing