Spreading Fedora

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 21 14:17:41 UTC 2008

Hey Svetoslav!

Svetoslav P. Chukov wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a big fan of Fedora and recently I decided to increase my
> participation. I would love to see Fedora to become more popular and
> widely used. So, I created the site SpreadFedora.org
> <http://SpreadFedora.org> with hope to do that. But I would like to ask
> for help. As I am concerned about some trademark questions and I would
> like to ask if such a site (since it is not part of any Fedora/RedHat
> projects) could be a breach of any trademarks or marketing rules of Fedora.
>
> The site would be about spreading and helping users to migrate to
> Fedora. It's main purpose is to help users to learn more and migrate
> flawlessly.

I think we have a need for such a site for Fedora! :) It's something
we've discussed sometimes in the Fedora marketing meeting, so I'm happy
to see you have an interest in making it happen!

Would you have time today to make the Fedora marketing meeting to talk
about your ideas? It's 19:00 UTC (3 PM EDT) in #fedora-mktg on freenode.

~m