four f's iconography

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 18:16:44 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2008, at 17:05, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> So in the marketing meeting we briefly discussed the status of the
>> Four F's posters and such. I think the best idea is to use the design
>> of the three fedora principles posters we have now, but instead make
>> them focus on the four F's, and replace the Fedora logo parts in the
>> posters with icons specifically drawn to represent the four f's.
>
> One thing that I mentioned briefly last night before you arrived was
> whether developing new graphics to project what the project stands for
> risks diluting our brand? With the new graphics and slogan + the current
> logo (which we're not changing, right?), we have two different ideas
> that we're putting across to people.
>
> I kind of wish I'd thought of this back when we originally discussed
> them, although it might be a complete non-issue anyway.

I don't *think* it's going to be an issue - think of the four
foundations as more a particular Fedora campaign... the iconography
should be done in the same style as the logo artwork, for example, but
in no way is meant to replace it or supercede it. We'll use the standard
Fedora fonts and colors etc. when doing it so hopefully it'll be a nice
extension that we can rotate out if need be.

Does that make sense?

~m