CD/DVD Distributors

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 31 13:07:47 UTC 2008

> > They enjoy their presence on the list at the pleasure of the FPL or
> > other Ambassadors/Marketing leadership.
> >
> > If they are misbehaving, just remove them.  IMHO, no need for a
> > committee discussion on this item.
>
> Agreed,
> but would be nice to know if it was a scratched cd, or fraud.
> How it affects Fedora overall?

I agree to this idea.

Like Max said, there's no need to ask a committee if we can remove them.
But when removing, we should notify someone somewhere at least for
traceability.

A bit like what I could see from the last weeks I spent in #fedora-ops

When an op wants to ban someone, he does. And he notifies others ops in
#fedora-ops. This way, we all know that person A was banned, why he was,
if we should also ban him from other chans, etc... We can then discuss
the decision if we want, but there's no need to.

Something like that could be good for distributors too. For example, if
a distributor comes to complain to me to discuss his removal, I have all
infos to explain him the decision of his removal.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin