CD/DVD Distributors

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:24:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 15:07 +0200, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> > > They enjoy their presence on the list at the pleasure of the FPL or
> > > other Ambassadors/Marketing leadership.
> > >
> > > If they are misbehaving, just remove them.  IMHO, no need for a
> > > committee discussion on this item.
> >
> > Agreed,
> > but would be nice to know if it was a scratched cd, or fraud.
> > How it affects Fedora overall?
> >
> I agree to this idea.
>
> Like Max said, there's no need to ask a committee if we can remove them.
> But when removing, we should notify someone somewhere at least for
> traceability.
>
> A bit like what I could see from the last weeks I spent in #fedora-ops
>
> When an op wants to ban someone, he does. And he notifies others ops in
> #fedora-ops. This way, we all know that person A was banned, why he was,
> if we should also ban him from other chans, etc... We can then discuss
> the decision if we want, but there's no need to.
>
> Something like that could be good for distributors too. For example, if
> a distributor comes to complain to me to discuss his removal, I have all
> infos to explain him the decision of his removal.

Since the vendor in question hasn't responded to my attempt (or the
customer's attempts) to contact them, I'm happy to note it here publicly
now:

LinuxOnline.biz apparently shipped a customer a Fedora CD set in which
the media will not verify in any of the customer's systems.  Beyond
that, the customer claims to have tried to contact the vendor repeatedly
with no response.  I've tried contacting the vendor as well with no
response.

Note that I apparently don't have any access to edit the Distribution/
hierarchy on the wiki, so someone will need to remove this vendor for
me.

--
Paul W. Frields