Fedora 10 is a 10

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:14:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 07:53:16AM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> 2008/12/2 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> > http://press.redhat.com/
>
> Ah... hmmm...it was "a people making a difference" series using the
> structure of a "f10 features" piece.
>
> While release time is a good time to get pieces out in front of people
> which tell the community collaboration process story we need to be
> careful that we don't cut across the featuring messaging.
>
> I think the review commentator who reacted to this came away with
> exactly the wrong message that was intended.. since its not obvious
> that he picked up on the "people making a difference" message nor any
> of the name dropping and just saw the section headlines which read as
> a top 10 feature list.
>
> Have their been other examples where laypress commentators picked up
> on this series of posts for subject matter? It would be useful to
> examine the regurgitated messaging from multiple people to get a
> better feel for what people took away from this series.

The majority of people watching that particular feed are tech
journalists.  The only sampling of people we could sanely retrieve
would be the sense of what interviewers were asking as a result of
those blogs in the final days of the Fedora 10 press push.  Our
feature list is documented on a specific page and we directed
journalists there as well as part of our outreach with the Live USB
keys.  On the whole they all seemed to get it, which would make this
article an anomaly.