I still want a Fedora coffee table book, and you are going to help me make one.

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:49:34 UTC 2008

<braindump>

An entire release ago (6 months) Jeff Spaleta made the proposal to this
list[1] for Fedora to produce a (virtual?) coffee table book containing
candid pictures of Fedora contributors all holding a specific trinket
that could represent what the community stands for (perhaps something as
simple as a Fedora logo) -- or with speech bubbles containing a single
word that the contributor thinks encompasses the
purpose/meaning/whatever of Fedora in their native language.

Seeing how we're coming up upon a major NA FUDCon, with an EMEA FUDCon
around the corner (... right?) should we make an attempt to start this
concept back up again?

It'd be nice to be able to sell a physical book and donate the proceeds
to OLPC or something. (Not sure if this is even viable because of the
high number of Fedora contributors[2].)

The key things that need to be done to get this rolling again are
1) decide on a trinket (or something else to tie the whole production
   together, i.e., speech bubbles)
2) start taking photos at FUDConF11[3]

Other brain dumps or thoughts to follow?

</braindump>

[1]: http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-May/msg00315.html
[2]: Not that I'm saying this isn't good!
[3]: We can't limit this to attendees of FUDConF11, of course.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36