[Picture book] Quick update

Doug Berry slasherzee at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 04:36:44 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 12/18/08, Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) If you're interested in helping with this project,
> put your name in
> the team members table.
>
> 2) Any information/ideas you have about the book, place on
> that page.
>
> 3) We need to extrapolate the timeline on there. I'll
> be putting in what
> we need to get done in a week according to today's
> meeting.

Hey Ian,
Your some kind of dynamo, fella. And I would
love to work on this project. That is the one concern
I had at first, is finding others who would be dedicated
enough to follow through and do what is necessary to
create a quality product. I have no doubt now.

Love what you did with the wiki page. Clear, concise,
and to the point. I added my name, but I couldn't
think of anything I would have added that you had not
already included.

I know a dozen or so publishers, dido for printers,
but I mainly work on fiction books. Most publishers
I know only deal with commercial quality books that
have a shot at making them money. I'm not sure our book
would generate much interest from this group. But I
can get us some quotes for services, and prices for
print runs, for comparison if nothing else.

Then there is POD. But I don't think we need a POD
Publisher, when we can go right to Lightning Source
ourselves. I already have an account with them, but
I haven't used it in a couple of years.

Anyway, I logged-in and asked my guide for current
prices and details. She is going to send a bunch of
stuff in the mail. But I also asked for a breakdown
via email, which I should have by this weekend. I'll
contact you when I know something.

I wasn't available for the Mkg meeting today. I volunteer
on Wed and Thurs, but I am going to be around most of
the day tomorrow. I'll keep Xchat open to #fedora-mkg
and if you are around, maybe we can bounce ideas off
of each other. Seeya, Doug

-- Douglas Berry --
slasherzee at fedoraproject.org