The Face of Fedora Video Campaign

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:20:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:05:40PM -0500, Colby Hoke wrote:
> I really feel like... the less "professional" it looks, possibly the
> better. That's not to say that it can't be polished, but I feel like a
> handheld camera and simple jump cuts back and forth between the people
> is the way to go. It fits in much more with the brand that Fedora has of
> a community. I usually find that when you try to do pieces about lots of
> people and you get too fancy with the camera work/ editing, it comes
> across as strained.

Agreed -- this seems to be the way other Fedora videos have been
produced, also, so not much reason to switch.

> We just want real people, in real settings, being themselves and have
> that as a document for others- like Máirín said, the fun factor of "oh
> that what that person looks like!" is extremely powerful.

Or the "oh that's how they prounounce their name!" effect. ;)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36