Marketing Idea

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 00:12:47 UTC 2008

The FreeMedia program already exists - but it's completely volunteer
based.  Last month, the first month that I participated in the
program, we got around 700 requests in a 2-day period where we were
accepting requests for the month.

The problem that we have is a lack of resources to ship out these
DVD's for free.  I restrict myself to the US, and even that costs me
$1.31 per DVD to ship via first class mail, in addition to the cost of
the media itself, and the padded mailers that I use ($1+ apiece).

Such a program is not cheap, and I'm not sure how Ubuntu sustains it
(unless it;s similar to ours, where we will send out the first 200
requests in a month or so).