Marketing Idea

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Sun Feb 3 00:26:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 03:20 +0300, Zhukov Pavel wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2008 3:13 AM, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc at mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 02:59 +0300, Zhukov Pavel wrote:
> > > One of the major reasons of ubuntu success it's free cd-shipping
> > > (especially in Russia, where many people have no fast/unlimited
> > > Internet access). So I'm start to thinking about something like
> > > "Fedora Exchange" project. It can be system that can help people to
> > > find nearest fedora-user who can copy
> > > install-media/packages/local-repositories.
> > >
> > > It also can help people to find nearest linux/feodra gurus for help :)
> > >

> > Do you mean something like the freemedia program.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia?highlight=%
> > 28freemedia%29
> >
> > It's done by volunteers such as tchung, me and a heap of others we all
> > try and get as many pieces of media out but it's still limited.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Marc
> >
> > --
>
> No. I mean something like a global map, where people can post their locations.
>
> For example, i have f8 media  and live in Russia. People from my city
> can have no fast/unlim lines so they can go to "Fedora exchange" page,
> locate our city and just get copies from me.

It's the same thing. The only difference is that you are mailing it.

I understand what you are saying, but we would need a significant amount
of people to carry this out. At the moment we do not have this amount of
people, we do the best we can.

If you wanted to help people in Russia just accept requests from Russia.
I do that in Australia where I will mail only people in Australia and
because of that it works out easier for everyone else.

The biggest number at the moment is from the USA so really if we had
another 3-4 people in the USA distributing Fedora that would lighten the
load.

Cheers,

Marc