Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 4 10:38:46 UTC 2008

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> OK, I still haven't heard anything back from people about whether this
> was a good idea or not but I'm pretty sure Alpha is out tomorrow so I
> figured I'd finish it - at least the text content - so that we
> definitely have something ready to point people to about Alpha.
>
> If people had other things in mind - or just thought this was
> unnecessary and don't think we should use it - it would have been good
> for somebody to drop a note letting us know about this a little
> earlier! I might make a few more changes, and I don't have a rawhide
> system at the minute to take screenshots with so if somebody else
> would like to add them that would be cool.
>
> As always, any and all feedback would be welcome :)

I did post to this list, the alpha release notes link at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes

The Pre-upgrade feature is noet yet complete for the alpha and we
probably shouldn't mentioned it yet other than point to the generic
feature list which mentions the plans for the general release. I
wouldn't make any promises about Presto either. Maybe encouraging it's
use would be useful for feedback. Other than that, you can merge the
content of these two pages together.

Rahul