Fedora 9 Alpha Release Notes WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:53:45 UTC 2008

Right,

I think I've finished doing all the integration I can face right now
between those two documents. Karsten, I've tried to restyle it a bit
to your proposal for the "One summary to rule them all" idea and I've
tidied up the language where possible.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JonathanRoberts/F9AlphaNotes

At the minute it's very text heavy, some screenshots from people
running rawhide would be very cool. Also, I think the following
sections probably still need work:

"Applications" - It might be good to either expand on what's new in
Firefox 3 or to find some more applications that we'd like to draw
attention to upgrades?

"Anaconda Installer Improvements" - perhaps somebody who knows more
than I do could explain why people should care about these? Basically,
I'd like to find some friendlier language to describe these
improvements...

"Kernel" - Same as Anaconda really, any chance we can make this friendlier?

The other thing I think we could do with is a consistent way to link
to both feature pages and upstream pages so readers can easily find
more info.

OK, besides that I'm quite happy with the shape it's in, but I don't
know what other people think?

Best wishes,

Jon