Fedora 9 Alpha Release Marketing Plan WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 17:15:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:18 -0500, Colby Hoke wrote:

> I'd invite anyone to check out what we've started with Marketing. I know
> we have a lot of people on the team (here at Red Hat) gearing up for
> JBoss World, but we will be having another meeting ASAP. I'm just trying
> to hammer out a few things on my end right now, but that's on top of my
> normal job...

BTW, this mirrors what has happened historically when RHEL-delivering
engineers have to put aside Fedora work for long periods of time.  We
are all responsible for making sure we are not overly dependent on a
single failure point, and as you see in this discussion so far, others
are picking up what needs to happen on the immediate front.

If anyone has a few minutes, a good thing would be to stub out a
marketing plan section to match with the F9 release schedule.  That is,
the "May Day release schedule", in that we match against milestones but
don't insert the actual dates.  The milestones for a release are usually
the same, but the dates can slip.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.