making the website better

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:57:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 02:22 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 02:02 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > - Who is the audience for these pages? Who is NOT the audience for these
> > pages?
>
> I think what we need is another point of entry. Currently we have
> fedoraproject.org, for which in my mind the domain name implies that
> it's a portal for the *project*. Perhaps we should acquire another
> domain such as get-fedora.org which will be a portal for the *users*,
> which we can then build from their point of view.

Probably having a better domain would help, but i think we shouldnt add
more portals to the project, i think there are too many already, and its
in fact, that diversity of fedora-related sites what makes hard to get
new users to join, as the project on the web doesnt seem unified (just
take a look at how many sites we have and also check how different their
design is, but thats for another discussion)

The idea about making the website better is to gather as much basic
information, that might help new users, in one single site, so they dont
have to dig so hard on the web to find what they are after!